♥ SENIOR SENSATION ♥

Kinzi had a HUGE softball tournament (over 101 teams) last weekend that was cancelled (due to some serious SEATTLE sogginess) and they were left with bucket loads of beautiful pink carnations (that the kiddos were gonna hand out to all the momma's for Mother's Day). The organization was at a loss of what to do with all of them... So, one of the Mom's asked me if there is a senior center close to me that we could go and hand out a little bit of pink cheeriness to... and THERE IS!!! (GREAT IDEA MICHELLE)!! I have been looking for ways I could get involved in the Assisted Living Home/Retirement Homes/Nursing Homes (and there is one seriously just a block down the street)! YAY! ...Such a FUN way to start out our involvement!!  ♥ Kinz and I walked into the BIG room and handed the pretty flowers to a bunch of sweet ladies, then we started knocking on doors, sharing the flowers, chatting a little, laughing a little... It just made my heart feel REALLY good!   - their faces just lit up to see someone else in the room to talk to them, listen to them... 

It wasn't our idea or our gifts - but it was sure FUN to be the messenger and deliverer of SOMETHING bright and cheery for these folks!! ♥

Made me miss my Grandma!

3 comments

  1. So sweet! I know the ladies LOVED having ya'll come visit and bring flowers! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. I love this idea. My family has been trying to get involved in the lives of some older citizens that live close to us. I think it is such a blessing on both sides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea! LOVE your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! ♥