...Those Pesky Pronouns

It really is FUN to hear what new, funny thing is going to come out of Mihret's mouth.  She is starting to sound more and more like a teenager (thanks to her older sisters) :) ...a little scary sometimes.
Buuuuuut... one thing we've all noticed is her interesting use of pronouns...
It goes a little like this...

"What HER making?"
"US need to make cookies."
"Where is HER?"
"What's YOURS name?"
"There's cheese on YOURS lips Mommy. :)"
"Does Jesus live in YOURS heart?"
"What did HIM say?"

Soooo... we are casually correcting her (I think it is a little endearing, and it kinda makes me smile sometimes) when we hear it and hoping she will get the hang of it pretty soon, ...I don't remember her sisters experiencing those pesky pronouns the way she does (although, it has been a reeeeeeeeeally long time since they were that little)  ;)



Note: Pronouns are wonderful little words that make speaking and writing easier.  Imagine if you had to use your name every time you refer to yourself.  Instead of saying, "I left my keys in my car," you'd have to say, "Iving Pigwart left Irving Pigwart's keys in Irving Pigwarts's car." And just think how irritating this would be if your name really was Irviing Pigwart! - from blog.writeathome.com

2 comments

  1. What a cutie!!!! Enjoy EVERY Pesky Pronoun before she figures it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, she's so dang cute! My lil man messes those up sometimes but Cocoa is way worse. I always wonder if it maybe comes from hearing English as a second language....but its the first language she's ever spoken so I don't know if that would really matter. I'm not a pro though =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! ♥