GOD LOVES DIVERSITY!


...On my way to my INDOOR 'OL Lady soccer game, I stopped off at the WAL-MART in RENTON... After I got the few things I needed I found myself walking the aisles just enjoying and appreciating GOD's Beautiful Diversity in the People HE created!  In the 30 minutes that I was there I saw more nationalities, different languages spoken and exchanged a LOT of smiles!  I would have loved to have asked a few people what language they were speaking and where are you from originally... I held off, but I wondered if anyone there was from Ethiopia...

“America is not like a blanket—one piece of unbroken cloth. America is more like a quilt— many patches, many pieces, many colors, many sizes, all woven together by a common thread.”
Rev. Jesse Jackson 

“Men hate each other because they fear each other, and they fear each other because they don’t know each other, and they don’t know each other because they are often separated from each other.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”
Mahatma Gandhi 
 
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
Mother Teresa 
  
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
 20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me. 22 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.
John 17:20-23

And one of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' "The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." 
Mark 12:28-31

In Jesus' teachings, our relationship with our fellow men, women and children is inseparable from our relationship with God. Love of God and love of our neighbors are two aspects of the same calling:

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." 
John 13:34-35

 
...I am Praying for our sweet baby in Ethiopia who will add such a BEAUTIFUL Sparkle and COLOR to our FAMILY!

I am also praying for all of our hearts to break for the Orphans, to LOVE diversity and to LOVE our neighbor enough to make sacrifices in our own lives to make someONE else's a
little better... :)

No comments

Thank you for your kind words! ♥